2. Book Early
- Park City, Utah's Book Early, Save Big program. Up to a 40% discount when you book a trip by November 4th.
- Book your trip with Stay Aspen/ Snowmass by October 15th and take advantage of their Early Storm package - up to 25% off lodging and a free lift ticket with the purchase of three adult tickets.
- Book a vacation to Beaver Creek by November 4th and save up to 30% on your vacation.
Depending on where you are going, there are many services that offer discounted equipment and apparel rentals that you can reserve online, in advance of your trip. Do a little research ahead of time or call your hotel to point you in the right direction. Many companies even offer concierge services and can deliver them right to your hotel or condo. Renting equipment also saves you money over purchasing costly equipment and gear, and on baggage fees as well.
- Utah and Colorado school kids can register for 5 free days of skiing at a number of top resorts. No purchase is necessary.
- Steamboat Springs has a Kids and Grandkids Ski Free program that enables children 12 and under to ski free the same number of days when the parent/grandparent purchases a 5 day or more lift ticket. This is a savings of approximately $300 - $400 per child.
- Aspen/Snowmass offers free lift tickets to children with the rental of skis or snowboards, for the duration of their rental. For a 2 day ski trip that will cost you a little over $100 (available January - April only).
- Kids 12 and under ski free at Keystone Resort when booking 2 or more nights of lodging.
- Arapahoe Basin offers two days of skiing for free to children who register by November 6th. Registration also includes 50% off one morning first time class ski lesson.
- At Mt. Bachelor, kids 12 and under ski free the same number of days as their parents with the advance purchase of a 3-or-more day adult lift ticket.
- Maine Kids Ski Free at most resorts with a passport available for Maine fifth through seventh graders.
- Kids ages 6 years and younger ski free at Killington Resort when accompanied by an adult. Children age 7 - 12 ski free for the same number of days as an adult purchasing a 5-day or longer ticket (pre- purchase required).
- The I SKI NY Free For Kids Passport Program lets third and fourth grade kids not only ski or snowboard for free (up to three times per participating ski area with an adult purchase) but also Learn To Ski or Snowboard for free (once at each area, no purchase required but some processing fees do apply).