You often hear people refer to spring as a time of renewal. However, as a parent, fall always presents as more of a reset for me.
The kids are back in school and our family falls into rhythm and routine again. There’s great comfort in routine, of course — a comfortable settling-in before winter.
But there’s a risk of parents falling into a rut this time of year as well.
Weekdays consumed with work and evenings and weekends filled to the brim with errands, kids’ sports, and household chores. It’s easy to fall into the ho-hum with your partner — dividing and conquering all there is to be done while your relationship gets pushed to the back burner. With the kids back in school, now is the best time to enjoy a quick getaway with your love — reconnecting with nature, the things you love to do, and a bit of luxury and pampering.
That’s where Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club comes in. This gorgeous Cape Cod resort is nestled among 429 acres on coastal Massachusetts and includes five pools (two of them indoors and heated), nine tennis courts, easy access to the 26-mile Cape Cod Rail Trail (bike rentals available), and multiple top-notch restaurants — plus the only Nicklaus Design golf course on Cape Cod.
Ocean Edge is home to the only Nicklaus Design golf course on Cape Cod.
Ocean Edge offers two distinct experiences for guests. The Villages houses villas with one, two, and three bedrooms (perfect when your whole family needs a vacay). For couples, The Mansion and The Mansion’s Presidential Bay Collection villas, are the way to go. The Nickerson Family Mansion was originally built in 1912 and has the air of romance you feel the moment you enter the drive. With spacious and premium guest suites (think gas fireplaces, bamboo floors, and ultra-comfortable beds), and private beach access, you’ll wish you had longer than a few days to escape.
Stunning Cape Cod views from Ocean Edge Resort's private beach.
The Mansion side’s Presidential Bay Collection villas and townhouses are the best choices when you have multiple couples traveling together, as they can accommodate 6 to 8 guests without feeling cramped, and include fireplaces, a kitchenette, washer/dryer, private outdoor space, and private beach access.
My husband and I recently traveled with our best friends to Ocean Edge and found the villas to be a perfect launching pad for a romantic and fun escape. Three days simply wasn’t long enough to enjoy all Ocean Edge has to offer for couples. Here are my tips for getting the most out of your stay:
Book a stay at Ocean Edge now and save through CertifiKID!
Parent's Fall Cape Escape at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club— View deal on CertifiKID
Two Night Stay, Daily Breakfast for 2 + $100 Spa Credit from Sept. 1 - Nov. 22nd
- While there are kitchenettes, don’t plan on cooking. Make the most out of your time away and enjoy the several restaurants right on site. Ocean Terrace makes for a wonderful dinner with a view while Linx Tavern and Bayzo’s Pub are perfect casual options. (The chef at Linx has created a unique and fun menu worth checking out more than once.)
Enjoy dinner with an unforgettable view at the Ocean Terrace.
- Get in a few final games of golf. The season is winding down in New England and there’s no better spot to play than on the only Nicklaus Design golf course on The Cape. Even better, our exclusive deal offers free same-day play!
- If views of Cape Cod Bay and the sandy dunes are what you crave, be sure to book the three-bedroom Waterfront Villa.
- Recharge at The Beach House Spa. Use our exclusive deal’s $100 spa credit to book the couple's room for a massage or take advantage of one of the Spa's seasonal fall spa offerings featuring Massachusetts cranberries and beach plums.
- Take time to do nothing. While you’ll want to take advantage of everything Ocean Edge has to offer — from oyster tours through the end of September to live music, from tennis and pickleball to kayaking and paddleboarding, from bike rentals to golf — be sure to take time to recharge. Grab a cocktail at the Beach Bar, nab some chairs and bring them to the water’s edge, hold your sweetheart’s hand, and take time to reconnect. Once the weekend is over, it will be back to reality. At least until your next getaway — after all, you can always book more than one weekend with our deal.
A sunset cocktail at the Beach Bar makes the perfect end to a perfect day.
The writer and her guests were hosted by Ocean Edge to help facilitate this review.