Have a dinosaur-crazy kid? We've curated five family-friendly dinosaur themed activities to help keep them entertained!
1. Dino fossil cookies
Ingredients: no-spread cookie mix, cookie-cutter, toy dinosaurs
1. Make your favorite batch of no-spread cookie dough.
2. While the dough is raw, use toy dinosaurs to imprint various shapes. REMOVE the dinosaur before baking!
3. Bake cookies according to the recipe directions.
—Photos and recipe from Sarah Hauge, publisher of Macaroni Kid Englewood, Greenwood Village, Centennial Colo.
2. Build your own dinosaur figures
Set of 8 Build-Your-Own Dinosaur Figures— View deal on CertifiKID
5 Sets to Choose From + Free Shipping!
Make your kids the happiest kids on the 'block' with these LEGO®-compatible mini figures from Lyddie Lou Boutique. The sets are available in FIVE different options and are interchangeable. These super popular, hard to find mini figures are great for birthdays, incentives, or just for fun! The fun figures will provide endless hours of playtime for both kids and adults alike.
3. Dino fizzy eggs
Supplies needed: baking soda, water, gel food coloring, plastic dinosaurs
4. Handprint Dinos
Supplies needed: paint, black permanent marker, paper, embellishments
1. Add paint to the palm of your child’s hand.
2. With fingers spread apart, gently press your child's hand onto a sheet of paper like a stamp.
3. Use extra paint and embellishments to add features like spikes or a tail.
5. A dinosaur show!
Jurassic Quest brings SKYSCRAPING DINOSAURS to towns all over the United States, allowing kids a close up look at LIFE-SIZE, REALISTIC dinos and ancient ocean dwellers!